- A Customer Service role with real responsibility
- Helping passengers travel safely to all corners of the world
- First class training and fantastic benefits
- Commitment to your work/life balance
- The buzz of Heathrow – the place where the world meets
Every day, about 100,000 passengers board a plane from Heathrow. Our Security Team has to do a hugely important job as patiently and politely as possible. And that’s not always easy when you’re dealing with passengers of every kind, in every mood, from all corners of the earth.
You want to help people on their way while keeping an eye on anything out of place. You have to know when to be sensitive and when to be assertive. Safety is paramount, but good customer relations are vital too.
It’s a delicate balancing act and it calls for excellent people skills, a calm temperament and keen powers of observation. That’s why our best Security Officers often come from customer service backgrounds. It could be an opportunity you’ve never considered before. Well think again, because the training’s top class and the rewards are excellent.
- Provide a safe and courteous environment for passengers as they embark on their journeys
- Ensure compliance with security requirements in a courteous way
- Be part of a multi-disciplined team operating X-ray equipment, searching passengers and luggage and checking ID and vehicles
- Interact with people from different countries and cultures
First and foremost you need great ‘people skills’, with the ability to communicate and connect with all kinds of people. You’ve got to be patient too, calm under pressure and with an eagle eye for detail. Previous experience in security is certainly not essential, because we’ll give you all the training you need – as long as you’ve got the right customer-focused qualities.