The functions of Ramp Operations are:
- Leadership of Airside Ramp Operations teams to enable the smooth operation of all ground operations at Heathrow.
- Responsible for the guardianship of Heathrow’s ground handling licence, including management of 400 licensees, and future strategy and performance management of the 12 main ground handling organisations at Heathrow (circa 2,000 handlers) as well as circa 20,000 second-tier support staff.
- Leadership of the fuel strategy to be employed at Heathrow now and in the future and acting as the key point of contact between Heathrow, the oil industry and the government, as well as representing the company’s interests at the HM Government Fuel Task Force meeting.
- Leadership of a step change in the airport’s airside safety management system via the Heathrow.Safe programme; leading a culture change in airside community safety.
- High-level liaison with the Heathrow cargo operation, in order to formulate future company cargo strategy.