Commuting by car
Why car share?
A new and improved scheme
The Heathrow Carshare scheme is available to all Heathrow airport staff. It has become the largest single site in the world with over 7,900 registered members and over 1,900 of which are car sharing from over 250 companies. Members know the scheme works, its quick, simple and easy and now only a one step registration process.
The Heathrow Carshare scheme is an online matching tool. You can now register your journey as an occasional/shift journey or a one-off journey. The system will look for matches around your area but also will look for matches that you could pick up en route.
How to carshare at Heathrow
- Register yourself and a journey
- Search for potential matches. You can now search for a car share partner and invite them to share a journey
- Create a BUDi* team with your car share match. Simply log on to your account, confirm the journey you are sharing and create a BUDi team
- Organise and carshare. You need to arrange where and when to start sharing and you will then be sent a car share parking permit within seven working days from your BUDi team creation
*A BUDi team is when two or more members are actively car-sharing
Benefits to carsharing
- Save money
- Priority parking in Heathrow managed car parks
- Access to a 24 hour emergency ride home facility without the need to organise a lift by yourself
- Enforced priority bays
- Access to the largest single site carshare scheme in the world
- Monthly prize draws and discounts
- Helping you do your bit by reducing pollution and congestion
How can you do it?
Call 08700 11 11 99 Monday to Friday between 09.00 - 17.00 or email us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also offer a door-to-door journey planner and a live travel news section so that you can enjoy a simple and stress-free commute to work.
If you encounter any problems please call the Heathrow Commuter Carshare team on 020 8745 2766 between Monday - Friday from 09.00 - 15.00