Where to meet
The official airport meeting points at Heathrow are marked with signs, and can be found in the following locations:
- Terminal 1: In the international arrivals area (ground floor), next to the Costa coffee bar.
- Terminal 3: In the seated area in the arrivals hall (ground floor of the arrivals building).
- Terminal 4: Next to WHSmith in arrivals (ground floor).
- Terminal 5: There are two meeting points on the ground floor, marked by banners.
- North meeting point: near green staircase, opposite Travelex.
- South meeting point: near orange staircase, opposite Moneycorp (near Costa).
Meeting someone from a flight
Before you leave
If you're meeting someone at the airport, do check the flight is on time before you leave using our Live flight arrivals page.
For directions to Heathrow by car, train or bus, visit our To and from Heathrow section.
Please be aware that for security reasons, vehicles are not allowed to wait on the airport forecourts. If you're picking someone up by car you should use the Short Stay Car Parks.
At the airport
In the arrivals area, information screens display live flight status information. The status message may be:
- Expected: The flight hasn't landed yet – you've time for coffee or a spot of shopping.
- Landed: Generally, allow 30 - 40 minutes after landing for passengers to clear passport control, baggage reclaim and Customs – longer at busy periods.
- Baggage in hall: Passengers should be in the arrivals area shortly.