Local buses to Heathrow
An extensive local bus network provides a low-cost route between Heathrow and towns in west London. Many services offer free travel within the airport site.
Services from Heathrow
London travel information can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk or by calling 020 7222 1234.
The maps below are located on the Transport for London website.
- Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3 bus routes map (97KB PDF)
- Heathrow Terminal 4 bus routes map (54KB PDF)
- Heathrow Terminal 4 bus routes map (63KB PDF)
Bus times and service numbers are subject to change.
Tickets and fares
Services into west London are part of the Transport for London network.
A single adult fare for anywhere in London is £2.20*. You can buy tickets on the bus – it's best to have the correct money ready. Pre-paid Oyster cards can also be used.
Many services within the airport site are free
- Free travel around Heathrow map (155KB PDF)
* Children under 11 travel free. Children aged 14 or 15 need an 11-15 or Child photocard, or 14/15 Citizencard. Child fares are also available to New Deal photocard holders.
Where to catch buses
Heathrow central bus station is located between Terminals 1 and 3. The terminals are a few minutes' walk away via underground walkways.
The bus station is open 24 hours a day and the travel centre is open from 06:00 to 22:30. Baggage trolleys are available and there is a lift to the underground level.
Some services call at Hatton Cross, Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 (see the bus route maps above for details).
Free transfers between terminals are available using Heathrow Express shuttle or one of the free bus services.